Friday, August 10, 2007

Sunday August 5th

We must have been worn out from the trip and last nights activities because I slept in till 8am. Ate some breakfast before heading down to the beach to get some sun and have a lot of fun.
This year we brought down a Easy up tent and used the beach anchors instead of the four umbrellas like years passed. You can get a lot of people who don’t want sun, but want to enjoy the beach, under one of those things. Some good waves for boogie boards and surfers(I did not do any surfing) We headed back to the house for some lunch. Called Tripps for call ahead seating at 5pm. After lunch, some stayed in for naps, some stayed at the pool and the rest returned to the beach. More surfers this afternoon which was surprising because they were right beside the rest of us. We headed in to get cleaned up for dinner and made it there just before 5 and walked right in for dinner.
I was a little disappointed that our group of 13 was not able to sit together seeing that there was another large table next to us that remained empty throughout our meal. This was our first time eating here going on the recommendations of some posters on MB2. I ordered the full rack of ribs,
Mandy had the salmon
and the kids had chicken tenders (we will see how many times that happens this week) My brother and I had the Calamari appetizer, I was surprised when the kids wanted to try it and even more when they said they liked it!

My dinner was really good, Mandy said her meal was good but not very warm and the kids said their’s was good. To be honest I can not remember what everyone else had because they did not seem to like it when I took pictures of their meals but everyone said they liked their food. Afterwards, we stopped at a few shops
Magiquest has objects that will respond to their wands
on our way down to play Dragon’s Lair.
We started of with Sloan, Walker, myself, my brother and his little boy Connor(4). But before we finished the second hole, the dragon came out and scared Connor and he did not want to have anything else to do with putt-putt there.

Mandy did some shopping and we met up after we finished. We loaded up and the parade headed south back towards Surfside. We decided that a little ice cream would be nice and stopped by Dairy Queen.
After a couple blizzards and cones we headed back to the house. My sister in law took the kids down to walk on the beach. Mandy and I sat on the 3rd floor balcony and enjoyed the strong breeze until they returned. So it was time to get the kids into the bed and it was not long before we knew it was time for us as well.

No comments: